The idea for Jane Wandering started with Travel Journals. Little books that could fit in a pouch, purse, or book bag pocket. Foldable, customizable, and super easy to use. These little Travel Journals could be designed and utilized for any and every trip you began.
Jane had the travel bug at a young age when her parents would take her on amazing adventures to Jamaica, Germany, France, and all over the U.S. At a young age she would collect memories, post cards, receipts, and other tiny item that would then be incorporated into a scrapbook when she returned home. If you’re an avid scrapbooker than you know these can be very time consuming and expensive. After graduating college and entering the workforce Jane found that not only did she not have time to scrapbook, but the memories she had just created would become fleeting and soon forgotten. That is when the Jane Wandering Travel Journals were created!
Now every journey has a journal, and every journal had a name! Whether it be Shanghai or Beijing, Mexico or Miami, each Travel Journal on Jane’s bookshelf is full of memories, contacts, and exciting trip details!
In this blog post we wanted to break-down what our Travel Journals consist of. Unlike other travel journals out there, Jane has create these journals as a super easy way to document your trip with writing prompts, questions, and then a build-your-own itinerary. This will make looking back on your trips an easy and exciting as the experiences you has. So check out the below information and then grab a journal for yourself and start exploring!
What you’ll find in your Travel Journal!
This might be a given, but it encompasses the entire reason for your trip! With titles such as where you went, who you went with, and how long you were there, this section of your Travel Journal explained who, what, when, where, and why you started your adventure.
Throughout the Travel Journals you will find writing prompts, but also journal pages.
Don’t forget a single thing! Since these journals are standard for any adventure, make sure to add additions items to pack on the blank lines provided!
What You Hope to Discover:
This page is fun because you can break-down exactly when you’re hoping to find/discover! Whether its the black beaches of Iceland (so excited to see this this year) or the Epcot Center at Disney World. Use this page to lay out all the exciting thing you hope to see and discover.
All your journaling pages are numbered so you can go back and create a travel event itinerary. You might only be going to one place in Mexico, but each day probably brough amazing adventures! As you journal abut these adventures make sure to start your itinerary with the page number of that journaling day and what events or discoveries took place!
Looking back at your journals will be so much easier with this itinerary. If you are looking for a certain event it will be documented on these pages!
Jane Wandering Travel Journals have 34 lined journaling pages with a section at the top for the date and location. Whether you are in the same location the entire span of your trip, or backpacking around Southern Asia, use these sections to document when and where you were.
We will get back to these Journaling Pages in a following post with TONS of ideas on what to write, how to journal, and fun ideas Jane and our customers have!
Would you travel here again? This is a serious question when it comes to adventures. Most likely you have come home from at least one trip and thought, “Well, I’m not doing that again!” It might have been the flight, the company, or the location, but this part of your Travel Journal lets you explain all of it!
With a check box to decide if you would go again you can quickly make up your mind. Then two writing prompts; ‘what to remember for next time’ and ‘where you are traveling next’ ask the serious questions. These two prompts are a quick wrap-up of things you may have forgotten to pack and where you hope to explore next!
Current Travel Journal Styles
- Keep it simple! Buttet points, numbers, and scratch maps are your friend! This Travel Journal is for YOU and YOU are the person who will benefit from it.
- Jot down what you think YOU will want to remember. If you are traveling with a friend and they write down every little detail (like I sometimes do), that doesn’t mean you need to.
- When I journal I first and foremost live and explore each day fully. I wait to begin my journaling till right before I go to bed. It allows me to live in the moment, but later on make sure my memories don’t run away from me.
- Draw pictures, use fun fonts, and keep it silly. Unless you are an ultra-serious person, have fun with it! Pages might have ALL CAPITAL WORDS, small words, colored items,
lines, or funny photos of what happened. It makes my journals fun to create and even more exciting to look back at.
- Collect small items like postcards, photos, coins, and pamphlets to include in your journal. Jane Wandering has a Travel Journal Envelope Set that is perfect for incorporating in your journals to store all the items you find. Just save space as your journal to attach these items either at night or when you get back home!
- HAVE FUN! It’s your trip and its YOUR journal. Do it how you want to.
If you are interested in more journaling tips and tricks, make sure to follow our blog! In the coming weeks we will have addition information on these awesome travel gifts.
Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or anything you would like us to post about. Leave a comment or shoot us an email from the Contact Page!