So you’re finally ready for your next adventure, but not sure how to start your travel journal. Well as promised, we have the perfect post for you! Below are tons of travel journaling tips, prompts, designs, and journaling inspo!
Let’s get started!!
- Make it personal! This journal is yours so make it fun for you!
- Design your own layout or research fun journaling techniques.
- Use some of the below prompts in this blog to make recording your trip even easier.
- Use stickers and images to add color to your travel journal. Store all your pencils, markers, stickers, and more in our Jane Wandering Travel Pouch!
- Collect items while you travel to add to your Travel Journal. You can find a Journaling Envelope Set on our site to store coins and money in your journal.
Before You Go
- Print out maps of where you are going and different tourist spots to visit. Place it in your journal to view while you travel.
- What do you think the adventure will be like?
- What are you most looking forward to?
- Make a list of souvenirs for yourself and loved ones.
- What activities do you want to try/see?
- Make a packing list of all the things you want to bring (if you have a Jane Wandering Travel Journal a packing list is included, or try our Pack This! Pad)
While You Are Traveling
- Describe the airport process, any mishaps (hopefully none) and anything you bought.
- What was your first thought upon arriving to your destination?
- Draw a picture of a landmark.
- Describe the restaurants you ate at, what you ate, the style, and the cost.
- What is the local neighborhood like?
- Email addresses of friends you make while traveling so you have a new pen pal!
- How are the local people different than where you are from.
- How is the fashion different where you are traveling?
- Did you make any friends? Write about them or have them write in your Travel Journal!
- Record quotes from your trip, anything you hear or signs you see.
- Describe your hotel and the interior.
- Who are you traveling with? Take turns writing in each other Travel Journals to add something different to your journal.
- Close your eyes and describe the sounds and smells around you.
- Sit somewhere for 10 minutes and observe what happens around you.
- Draw a moment you want to remember.
- Make sure to collect receipts, postcards, and other items to incorporate in your Travel Journal to make it your own! You can store these items in a Jane Wandering Travel Pouch.
- Describe your trip home. What the flight or bus trip bumpy? Did you make friends?
When You Arrive Back Home
- What surprised you about where you visited?
- Would you visit this location again?
- What do you miss the most now that you are home?
- Did this trip teach you anything?
- Do you think you have changed in any way?
- Any ideas of where you would like to visit next!
Travel Journal Inspiration